Our Market Blog
Don’t know how to cook your new veggies? Google recipes for Market veggies. Then share your cooking experiences, and find new ones, on our Market Community Food Blog!
Stop the Presses
- Please share this video with friends who want to know more about St. Pete Locally Grown. Thank you!
- edible Tampa Bay Featured Fall 2013 Issue
- 83 Degrees Media Featured Jan. 15, 2013 Issue
- In Creative Loafing Featured Sept. 6-12, 2012 Issue
- On local Fox News Interviews from May 2012
- “Charlotte Smiled” Blog Post with review of our Market business model and exemplary products!
What Are We Up To?
- Follow our Pinterest project to document all the great food growing right here in the St. Petersburg Community St. Pete’s Urban Growers on Pinterest Want to participate by posting your veggies? Just email email@example.com
- Check out our weekly fun preparing for Friday deliveries as we document this journey with wonderful volunteers! The Art of Distributing Food to the St. Petersburg Community
- Check Out New Posts on our Market Community Blog on Google: stpetelocallygrownnet.blogspot.com ; Like to author on our blog? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you prefer Google+ over Facebook, we now have a Google Page. Please follow us?
- Please “Like Us”… On Facebook and tell your friends about us. A testimonial would be appreciated.
- We are now listed on Green Me Locally where you can find many other local eco-friendly companies in the Tampa Bay Area or leave us a review.
PLS READ The Future of SPLG - Jan. 24, 2016
I have finally made a decision on the future of SPLG’s Market. I announced my retirement plans at last night’s potluck social with intentions of keeping the Market open until the end of March. As you might imagine, it has taken much thought, angst, and self reflection to come to this decision but I know it is the right thing for me to do.
I hope that all of you will commit to SPLG until its conclusion as all of us are just as committed as ever to delivering the best produce, products, and customer service until then. I have asked for a commitment from the Growers and Volunteers and I ask for the same from you. I value the part you have played in keeping us going. Without all of you, I would never have experienced such an honorable responsibility of funneling locally grown, chemical-free vegetables into the St. Petersburg Community.
SPLG will close effective March 31st. I truly hope that, sooner or later, someone will approach me and want to pickup this well documented business model where I’ve left off. At that point, I believe I’ll be willing to consult to make that happen.
FYI, if you have paid a membership fee since we re-opened on Nov. 2nd, your account will be credited $30 for the three months of April, May, and June. Please spend that money on market goods to spare me the refund requests. FYI, I have every intention of following through on our pork PRE-ORDERS by purchasing it sometime in February or sooner if we have the minimum order covered. I have already purchased the PRE-ORDERS for beef and will deliver on your next order. Also, I intend to publish all sources I have for access to the meat products we have been purchasing on behalf of our customers. I also have new ones to share.
I will send out more details as they occur and I welcome any questions you may have via email. If you can hold off until after the Market opens tomorrow, that would help me focus on my work today. The Market opens at 3pm tomorrow!
My heartfelt thanks to each one of you,