CALENDAR OF EVENTS
There are many fountains of knowledge to draw from within St. Petersburg. Some of the events below are open to the public but Lectures are reserved exclusively for active Market customers as part of our monthly potluck socials. Become an active customer and enjoy all the perks of our Market Community!
OUR ADVICE: Don’t know how to cook your new veggies? Google recipes for Market veggies. Then share your cooking experiences, and find new ones, on our Market Community Food Blog!
Visit our Lecture Series slide show and you will see what education & community building look like: Commonality, Motivation, Fellowship, and Knowledge.
View the Complete Weblog
Market Closes Wed 9 PM - Tonight
Market Closing Tonight, Wednesday @ 9PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
Just a friendly reminder to place your orders now before we close tonight at 9 PM.
SUNDAY LECTURE SERIES RESUMES THIS SUNDAY on Jan. 8th, 2012 with Jane Maxwell who grows worms about 150 miles north of St.Petersburg. This presentation will provide information on the value of earthworm castings and how to use them in your garden. Jane will also provide some information on how to have your own earthworms producing vermicompost. Her worm castings are a big hit with our customers and their gardens because they can be used so easily in everything from large garden productions to small containers on condo patios. Let’s make those 150 miles worth the drive for Jane. Please come and welcome her to our Garden Lecture Series. Product will be available for sale during her visit. Market Manager encourages all attendees to either make a purchase or to donate what they can to help defray Jane’s fuel travel costs for this lecture.
IS THERE A CO-OP NEAR YOU? Please tell your friends! Interested in joining one or forming a co-op in your neighborhood? Please call Tina at 727-515-9469. You need only one other person besides yourself to become a co-op and qualify for discounted delivery.
- Girls Inc. in Pinellas Park at 7700 61st St. N. Friday’s late morning.
- Old Northeast neighborhood in the vicinity of 13th St. N. & 24th Ave. N. on Friday’s late morning.
Starkey Road & Park Blvd. on Fridays mid-day.
- Roberts Park neighborhood in the vicinity of 43rd Ave. N. and 10th St on Fridays mid-day.
- Old Southeast in the vicinity of 17 Ave. S. and Bay Street Fridays early afternoon.
CVS Pharmacy parking lot at 54th Ave. S. & US 19 Fridays early to mid-afternoon.
- Maximo Seafood Shack at 4801 37th St. S. Fridays mid-afternoon.
- Gulfport Library at 5501 28th Ave. S. on Fridays mid-afternoon.
- Mirror Lake neighborhood in the vicinity of 3rd Ave. S & 7th St. S. on Saturdays late morning.
- Kenwood neighborhood in the vicinity of Burlington and 26th Ave. N. on Saturdays late morning.
- Azalea neighborhood in the vicinithy of 73rd St. N. & 8th Ave. N. on Saturdays late morning.
- Jungle Terrace neighborhood in the vicinity of 80th St. N. & 28th Ave. N on Saturdays mid-day.
If you have any icepacks or plastic bags to recycle, we would be glad to have them!
We thank you for your interest and support of our efforts to expand our delivery network and attract like-minded folks who want the healthiest, the freshest and the most delicious locally-produced foods possible!